VOLUNTEERING With Latitude jeunes IN LIEGE
Looking for one volunteer
This project is in the process of being certified but you can already submit your application.
Hosting organisation: Latitude Jeunes
Latitude Jeunes Liège (LJ) is a non profit organisation which aims to
– Contribute to the physical, mental and social wellbeing of children and youngsters
– Encourage responsible, active, critical and solidarity citizenship among children and youngsters by offering them opportunities to learn about social issues
– Develop activities, and plan, implement and evaluate them according to LJ’s programme
LJ is active in the Liege province and most of its activities take place in Liège city. Its main target group is children and youngsters from 2.5 years old until 25 years old. In some part, they also include future youth workers.
Its main actions are
– to provide meeting places for children and parents
– to organise after-school activities for children (Ecole des devoirs)
– to organise summer camp leaders training
– to manage a library of board games
– to support youngsters who want to create their own project
– to organise summer camps and holiday camps for children and teenagers
– to organise workshops in schools
Support organisation: CBB
CBB is a nonprofit, apolitical youth organisation recognized and financially supported by the Wallonia-Brussels Federation. We propose different activities based on volunteering and nonformal education: local and international workcamps, short and long term volunteering services (including ESC), leisure time activities for and with disabled people, camp leaders trainings, etc. CBB is active within the different European programs of volunteering and non-formal education since 1997 and also hosts ESC volunteers each year.
CBB’s role as support organisation is to:
- Promote the project and links between local and international associations
- Support the selection and preparation of European volunteers before arrival
- Manage administrative matters such as budget allowances, creation of bank account, enrollment at the municipality, insurance contracts
- Write the activity agreement
- Provide pedagogical support for the volunteer and the hosting organisation by ensuring the participation to the NA seminars, organising evaluation meetings with the volunteer and the hosting organization to reflect on learning outcomes
- Handle practical arrangements, including accommodation, health insurance, French lessons, online language tools, etc.
- Create networking activities with all ESC volunteers of the hosting organisations we support