Looking for one volunteer
Hosting organization : Foyer Aubépine
“Foyer Aubépine” is a non-profit organization which was created in 1965 and is located in the village of Havelange, a rural area not far from the big city of Liège and close to the towns of Ciney and Marche-en-Famenne.
The association holds the official title of S.R.G. (“Service Résidentiel Général”) given by the French Community government. The main aims of Aubépine are: social help, education, host, support of youngsters with difficult socio-economical and family backgrounds. The aim of the organization is to build trust between youngsters, their relatives and workers of SRG. In Aubépine youngsters and their relatives can live through constructive experiences in order to grow towards a stable future. The workers support youngsters in everyday life in order to help them to find the educational, professional and personal path.
Currently, Foyer Aubépine is hosting 2 ESC volunteers and this position will be to replace one volunteer leaving in January. The other one will be leaving in August.
For intern structural reasons, the ESC volunteers will not be on activity at the same time, they will therefore have two different “shifts” but based on the same type of activities.
Aubépine’s team implements activities:
- daily support about 15 youngsters who face all sorts of difficulties, who are in dangerous situations (security or health), who face lack of educational support. The organization faces minors from 3 to 18 years old benefitting from a right of protection. Aubépine provides them with food, care, sport activities.
- welcoming the youngsters’ relatives: create working and discussion groups in order to help them to overcome the challenges, to reinforce the family bonds;
- helping the youngsters finding a project that will be beneficial for them, their relatives and the association.
Check their Website
Foyer Aubépine is part of a non-formal network of local associations called “Droûve tèsoûyes”(aka “DTO”). This network is described as a “short circuit network of solidarity for socio-cultural profit”. The member organizations have to be active in the municipality of Havelange and be “associations of natural persons”. They all share a number of common values and a charter. Four times a year, the member organizations meet in order to increase the mutual resources, share, develop new common projects and galvanize the social work in general. The gatherings often lead to workgroups and then to concrete local actions involving the member organizations. For that matter, a brand new yurt has been built in Foyer Aubépine’s garden where the organization “AMO LE CERCLE” welcomes youngsters for activities linked to school dropouts.
Once a week the volunteers are going to be invited to take part in activities organized by some of partner organizations, such as Vis-à-vis ASBL.
CBB hosts in total 26 international volunteers around Wallonia. The ESC team of CBB try his best to connect this network of volunteers together trought different collective activities, seminars
Support organization : CBB
CBB is a nonprofit, apolitical youth organisation recognized and financially supported by the Wallonia-Brussels Federation. We propose different activities based on volunteering and nonformal education: local and international workcamps, short and long term volunteering services (including ESC), leisure time activities for and with disabled people, camp leaders trainings, etc. CBB is active within the different European programs of volunteering and non-formal education since 1997 and also hosts ESC volunteers each year.
CBB’s role as support organisation is to:
- Promote the project and links between local and international associations
- Support the selection and preparation of European volunteers before arrival
- Manage administrative matters such as budget allowances, creation of bank account, enrollment at the municipality, insurance contracts
- Write the activity agreement
- Provide pedagogical support for the volunteer and the hosting organisation by ensuring the participation to the NA seminars, organising evaluation meetings with the volunteer and the hosting organization to reflect on learning outcomes
- Handle practical arrangements, including accommodation, health insurance, French lessons, online language tools, etc.
- Create networking activities with all ESC volunteers of the hosting organisations we support