Supporting people with disability at L'Essentiel – Lasne
Looking for one more volunteer
Hosting organisation: Essentiel
Essentiel asbl is a non profit organisation whose aim is to accompany adult people with disabilities (regardless of the type or level of handicap) in all aspects of their daily life and of their self development.
The philosophy of the place is led by two main principles. Inclusion : Essentiel wants to answer to the lack of options existing to accompany people with disability once they reach the age of majority by offering an adequate living place. The objective is to create and maintain a social bound between valid and less valid people, from all generations, in the spirit of mutual aid and solidarity. . The activities are co-organised by people with disability, and opened to anyone interested.
Permanent research : Essentiel’s mission goes beyond the life in the centre. It wants to keep being a place of experimentation, global thinking and permanent research about the inclusion of people with disability within the society.
Essentiel is composed of :
– A living place and accommodation hosting up to 30 occupants with disabilities of different levels- A day care where workshops are organised for the residents but also open to people, young or adults, hosted in nearby centres, as well as to valid children through youth movement or outdoor classes for example
– A service « halte-répit » who take care temporarily of children for families needing a break – An inclusive kindergarden, managed by another non profit organisation, who host 20 children, with or without disability
Support organisation: CBB
CBB is a nonprofit, apolitical youth organisation recognized and financially supported by the Wallonia-Brussels Federation. We propose different activities based on volunteering and nonformal education: local and international workcamps, short and long term volunteering services (including ESC), leisure time activities for and with disabled people, camp leaders trainings, etc. CBB is active within the different European programs of volunteering and non-formal education since 1997 and also hosts ESC volunteers each year.
CBB’s role as support organisation is to:
- Promote the project and links between local and international associations
- Support the selection and preparation of European volunteers before arrival
- Manage administrative matters such as budget allowances, creation of bank account, enrollment at the municipality, insurance contracts
- Write the activity agreement
- Provide pedagogical support for the volunteer and the hosting organisation by ensuring the participation to the NA seminars, organising evaluation meetings with the volunteer and the hosting organization to reflect on learning outcomes
- Handle practical arrangements, including accommodation, health insurance, French lessons, online language tools, etc.
- Create networking activities with all ESC volunteers of the hosting organisations we support