VOLUNTEERING With L'Essentiel IN Lasne
Looking for three volunteers
City + Country
Dates of the next project
01 October 2023 – 30 September 2024
Deadline to apply
Deadline 05th of june 2023 (23:59)
Hosting organisation: Essentiel
Essentiel asbl is a non-profit organisation which aim is to accompany people with disabilities in all aspects of their daily life and self-development.
The philosophy of the place follows two main principles:
- Inclusion: Essentiel’s objective is to create and maintain a social bound between people with disabilities from all generations in the spirit of solidarity. The activities are co-organized by people with disability, and opened to anyone.
- Permanent research: Essentiel’s mission goes beyond the life in the centre. It is also a place for experiments, global thinking and permanent research about the inclusion of people with disability within the society.
- A living place for 30 inhabitants with disabilities
- A place hosting workshops for the residents, but also open to people from nearby centres. A shop is open one Friday per month to sell the artistic creations
- A service «halte-répit» a care center for children for families that temporarily need a break
- A big green space behind the main building
- An inclusive kindergarten, managed by another non-profit organisation, which hosts 20 children with or without disability
Follow them on :
Check their website
Support organisation: CBB
CBB is a nonprofit, apolitical youth organisation recognized and financially supported by the Wallonia-Brussels Federation. We propose different activities based on volunteering and nonformal education: local and international workcamps, short and long term volunteering services (including ESC), leisure time activities for and with disabled people, camp leaders trainings, etc. CBB is active within the different European programs of volunteering and non-formal education since 1997 and also hosts ESC volunteers each year.
CBB’s role as support organisation is to:
- Promote the project and links between local and international associations
- Support the selection and preparation of European volunteers before arrival
- Manage administrative matters such as budget allowances, creation of bank account, enrollment at the municipality, insurance contracts
- Write the activity agreement
- Provide pedagogical support for the volunteer and the hosting organisation by ensuring the participation to the NA seminars, organising evaluation meetings with the volunteer and the hosting organization to reflect on learning outcomes
- Handle practical arrangements, including accommodation, health insurance, French lessons, online language tools, etc.
- Create networking activities with all ESC volunteers of the hosting organisations we support