Creativity and inclusion at the adventure playground of Péri – Liège
Looking for one volunteer
Hosting organisation : Terrain d'aventure du Péri
Le Terrain d’Aventure du Péri (The Adventure Playground of Péri) is an organisation, created in 1977. Passionate people, parents and neighbours offered to children a new space of freedom as an alternative to the technical progress and modernity. It is a place dedicated to self-development and community life, a place where children can learn and experiment without pressure.
Every day, between 10 and 60 children gather there to share outdoor games, table games, sheds building, do-it-yourself workshops, cooking activities, artistic projects and gardening. All these activities must help them to develop their autonomy, responsibility, critical thinking and solidarity.
There are also a lot of external visits, residential camps organized outside of the Terrain: trips to the Northern sea, swimming pool, bicycle trips, camping. In summer period (JULY and AUGUST), the Terrain is especially busy and welcomes up to 60 kids every day.
The playground is recognized as a youth centre by the French community of Belgium. It follows a mission of education to an active and responsible citizenship.
Check them on Facebook !
The adventure playground is open to all young people, from 5 to 26 years old but the majority of children and youngsters are between 5 and 17 y.o.
There is no obligation to be active and there is no result to reach in the adventure playground. The most important thing is to share and to exchange with others.
In order to avoid any exclusion for socio-economical reasons, the access to the adventure playground is totally free of charge.
The team is made up of 8 workers, and often welcomes students.
CBB host in total 26 international volunteers around Wallonia. The ESC team of CBB tries their best to connect this network of volunteers together through different collective activities and seminars etc.
Support organization : CBB
In addition to this, the hosting organization is supported by the Association des Compagnons Bâtisseurs, aka CBB located in Marche-en-Famenne.
CBB is a nonprofit, apolitical youth organisation recognized and financially supported by the Wallonia-Brussels Federation. We propose different activities based on volunteering and nonformal education: local and international workcamps, short and long term volunteering services (including ESC), leisure time activities for and with disabled people, camp leaders trainings, etc. CBB is active within the different European programs of volunteering and non-formal education since 1997 and also hosts ESC volunteers each year.
CBB’s role as support organisation is to:
- Promote the project and links between local and international associations
- Support the selection and preparation of European volunteers before arrival
- Manage administrative matters such as budget allowances, creation of bank account, enrollment at the municipality, insurance contracts
- Write the activity agreement
- Provide pedagogical support for the volunteer and the hosting organisation by ensuring the participation to the NA seminars, organising evaluation meetings with the volunteer and the hosting organization to reflect on learning outcomes
- Handle practical arrangements, including accommodation, health insurance, French lessons, online language tools, etc.
- Create networking activities with all ESC volunteers of the hosting organisations we support